Hádanky

Odložím si tu hádanky odsud. Jsou tak fešné, že jsem se o překlad radši ani nepokoušel. Časem se ve hře určitě využijou.
  1. Ripped from my mother's womb,
    Beaten and burned,
    I become a blood thirsty killer.
    What am I?
    iron ore
  2. All about, but cannot be seen,
    Can be captured, cannot be held,
    No throat, but can be heard.
    wind
  3. I drive men mad
    For love of me,
    Easily beaten,
    Never free.
    gold
  4. Until I am measured
    I am not known,
    Yet how you miss me
    When I have flown.
    time
  5. Lighter than what
    I am made of,
    More of me is hidden
    Than is seen.
    iceberg
  6. Each morning I appear
    To lie at your feet,
    All day I will follow
    No matter how fast you run,
    Yet I nearly perish
    In the midday sun.
    shadow
  7. My life can be measured in hours,
    I serve by being devoured.
    Thin, I am quick
    Fat, I am slow
    Wind is my foe.
    candle
  8. Glittering points
    That downward thrust,
    Sparkling spears
    That never rust.
    icicle
  9. You heard me before,
    Yet you hear me again,
    Then I die,
    'Till you call me again.
    echo
  10. I spit like bacon, am made with an egg,
    I have plenty of backbone but lack good legs,
    I peel like an onion but still remain whole,
    I'm long like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole
    What am I?
    snake
  11. Three lives have I.
    Gentle enough to soothe the skin,
    Light enough to caress the sky,
    Hard enough to crack rocks.
    water
  12. What does man love more than life
    Fear more than death or mortal strife
    What the poor have, the rich require,
    and what contented men desire,
    What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves
    And all men carry to their graves?
    nothing
  13. Reaching stiffly for the sky,
    I bare my fingers when it's cold
    In warmth I wear an emerald glove
    And in between I dress in gold
    tree
  14. Feed me and I live,
    give me drink and I die.
    What am I?
    fire
  15. Alive without breath,
    As cold as death,
    Clad in mail never clinking,
    Never thirsty, ever drinking
    fish
  16. Man walks over, man walks under,
    In times of war he burns asunder.
    What is it?
    bridge
  17. Weight in my belly;
    trees on my back;
    nails in my ribs;
    feet I do lack.
    ship
  18. Gets rid of bad ones,
    Short and tall,
    Tightens when used
    One size fits all.
    noose
  19. I cannot be other than what I am
    Until the man who made me dies
    Power and glory will fall to me finally
    Only when he last closes his eyes
    prince
  20. Say my name and I disappear.
    What am I?
    silence
Odpovědi jsou bílým písmem ;o)nce

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat